When CEO Jarrett Bauer discovered that his grandmother was readmitted to the hospital for an avoidable CHF exacerbation, he thought to himself, “there must be a better way.” Leveraging his extensive background in healthcare, Jarrett set out to actualize his vision of an appealing solution to the nation-wide issue of hospital readmissions. The result was the birth of Health Recovery Solutions in 2011, when Jarrett and founding partners Rohan Udeshi and Dan Priece utilized innovative technology to create an engaging, completely cloud-based platform for patients and their families, which was also fully optimized for clinicians. From its humble beginnings with three guys in a one-bedroom NYC apartment, HRS has expanded to a Hoboken office with over 25 employees, servicing 60 agencies and 15,000 patients. HRS has become a market leader in remote patient monitoring and will continue to reinvent the latest and greatest solutions for years to come.
Health Recovery Solutions was created on the belief that the most effective health care is basic and uncomplicated. We believe that outpatient care is as vital as inpatient care. We believe that one of the worst possible things is not having a voice or the tools to succeed once you leave the hospital. We are committed to the idea that the only way to reduce healthcare costs is to change patient behavior.
We Aim To
Engage and Reduce Nurse's Time
Market the Results and Efforts of Our Partners
Make a Positive Impact
Our Core Values
We operate with honesty and respect
We only hire compassionate people
We ensure that our product works efficiently and effectively
We nurture the success of our product by providing exceptional support
We encourage a lively and enjoyable work environment
Above all, we prioritize our mission to improve patients' lives
We Are A Trusted Solution
An industry leader in care solutions, HRS is currently utilized in 60 leading medical centers. Thanks to Health Recovery Solutions' patented tablet application, nurses, doctors and family members nationwide are now able to provide extensive, remote care from virtually anywhere – all while patients are in the comfort of their own homes.
Jarret G. BauerCHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- Education Johns Hopkins
- Fun Fact Jarrett is a second-generation chicken farmer and enjoys taking dance classes on the weekends.
- Favorite Movie Lilo & Stitch
- Bio As a healthcare consultant, Jarrett saw a need for better outpatient care. Combined with the national need to reduce readmission rates, he began researching effective methods to keep patients healthy.
- In the News 2016 Forbes 30 under 30 EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2017 - New Jersey 2017 Ernst Young Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist Interview: Fox News
Rohan UdeshiCHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
- Education Villanova University (B.S., M.S)
- Fun Fact Guarded former NBA Center for the Lakers, Andrew Bynum in rec basketball (8th grade) and held him to 4 points. The NBA scouts unfortunately overlooked my talent during the subsequent drafts so I decided to pursue a career in technology instead.
- Favorite Movie Grandma's Boy
- Bio After receiving his BS and MS in Electrical Engineering from Villanova, Rohan managed enterprise trading and accounting systems for some of Wall Street's biggest banks. When offered the opportunity to start HRS, Rohan jumped at the chance to use his passion for technology and entrepreneurship and team up with some of the brightest minds in healthcare to make a positive change in the world.
Daniel PrieceCHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
- Education Villanova University (B.S, M.S)
- Fun Fact I once attended an all-girls school while building virtual reality tours for the Vatican.
- Favorite Movie Back to the Future
- Bio After receiving his BS and MS in Computer Science at Villanova University, Dan teamed up with alumni to form Health Recovery Solutions. With his understanding of product design and the associated technologies, he built HRS' advanced medical software. His main goal is to create innovative and dynamic recovery solutions for providers and patients. When Dan is not building software, he enjoys being with his family and working on cars, especially BMWs.
Alex EllisDirector of Operations
- Education The George Washington University (B.S.)
- Fun Fact Lived abroad in Israel for 3 years and served in the IDF managing missile logistics
- Favorite Movie The Princess Bride
- Bio Alex Ellis has over six years of cyber security experience and has recently made the switch over to the healthcare industry. Alex has worked for several start-ups in the past but wanted to work with one that directly affects patients' outcomes and quality of care. When he's not managing the operations and support teams, he enjoys long walks in Central Park with his 5-year-old dog Ziggy and practicing Kung Fu.
Justin KohnDirector of Finance
- Education University of Colorado, Boulder (B.A.)
- Fun Fact I am an avid skier. I learned how to ski when I was three years old.
- Favorite Movie Saving Private Ryan
- Bio Prior to joining HRS in 2017, Justin owned and operated Alliance Homecare, a high-end homecare agency in New York City. Serving as both the CFO and COO, he built Alliance into a multi-million-dollar enterprise with three regional offices and 200+ employees. Justin successfully exited the business by selling his shares to a group of investors in 2016. Before Alliance, Justin worked in high net worth finance at AIG and Wintrust Financial.
Nolan SantosaClient Success & Operations Manager
- Education University of Michigan (B.A.)
- Fun Fact Nolan wears cut resistant gloves when he chops vegetables (ask him why!).
- Favorite Movie Spirited Away
- Bio Before joining the HRS team, Nolan served as the Assistant Director of Operations at an electronic medical record startup in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Nolan is passionate about using modern software solutions to improve patient care.
Carolina RayzelClient Success & Operations Manager
- Education University of Michigan (B.S.), Johns Hopkins School of Public Health (M.H.A.)
- Fun Fact Carolina has lived in 10 different cities across Brazil, South Dakota, Florida, Michigan, Maryland, and New Jersey.
- Favorite Movie The Lion King
- Bio Before joining HRS in 2016, Carolina held roles in managed care operations, electronic medical record implementation, and public health research. Passionate about the intersection of technology and healthcare, she is committed to helping HRS partners achieve population health goals, in turn helping patients manage their chronic conditions. In her free time, Carolina enjoys traveling, cooking, volunteering, reading historical fiction, and being outside.
Nikki PrieceSenior Operations Associate
- Education Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (B.S.)
- Fun Fact I have been to every single beach on the New Jersey coastline but my all-time favorite is Long Beach Island.
- Favorite Movie The Dark Knight
- Bio Upon graduating from Bloomsburg University, Nikki concentrated her efforts as an exercise physiologist. She joined HRS as a member of the operations team and is instrumental in driving relationships with providers and patients. She also manages technical support and logistics. In her spare time, Nikki enjoys traveling, exercising at the beach, and volunteering with dog rescues.
Giaynel CorderoMarketing Manager
- Education Harvard University (B.A.)
- Fun Fact My first language is Spanish. I started learning English by watching TV. I studied French in school and abroad in France. I learned Italian in college and now I am teaching myself Farsi!
- Favorite Movie The Mask of Zorro
- Bio Gigi studied Neurobiology at Harvard University and has experience in healthcare marketing and working with patients and clinicians in medical settings. Passionate for healthcare innovation and preventative medicine, Gigi joined HRS in 2017 and manages all marketing efforts while providing support to patients and clinicians. When she is away from her desk and social media you can find her baking healthy desserts, practicing yoga, or exploring NYC.
Nathan SingletonDirector of Software Development
- Education Villanova University (B.S)
- Fun Fact Give him something flat, he'll spin it on his finger (Even a Tablet!)
- Favorite Movie Step Brothers
- Bio Nathan graduated from Villanova University back in 2011 and moved from a large software development firm to join the HRS team in the beginning of 2014. With a client centered focus, he is always taking customer feedback, patient needs, and new technologies into the HRS roadmap. If he's not coordinating software projects and making sure patients have the best application experience available, you can find him out climbing or playing basketball. In general, Nathan is always moving, searching for ways patients can do the same, and better fit clients to help them achieve it.
Joe GarberSenior Software Developer
- Education Clemson University (B.S.) and Boston University (M.S.)
- Fun Fact Best celebrity encounter: Bill Murray
- Favorite Movie Good Will Hunting
- Bio Joe has been working in software development since 2007 across a variety of industries and technologies, having joined HRS after previously working for Wayfair in Boston and Blackbaud in Charleston, SC. Outside of software his passions include traveling through Europe, snowboarding, hiking, distance running, and playing soccer.
Karan ShahSoftware Developer
- Education University of Texas at Arlington (M.S.)
- Fun Fact I write poems.
- Favorite Movie Back to the Future Series
- Bio As a Software Developer, Karan's goal is to develop software that is easy to use. Karan thrives on making the lives of clinicians, patients as well as caregivers peaceful and happy.
Olga GnezdyonovaSenior Software QA Engineer
- Education Mykolaiv State Humanitarian University (M.S.)
- Fun Fact According to a photographer, my eyes are almost the same size (which is very rare case).
- Favorite Movie Imagine Me and You
- Bio Olga graduated from Mykolaiv State Humanitarian University in the Ukraine. With 11 years of experience as a Software QA Engineer in a variety of industries and technologies, she joined HRS to help move our applications to the highest level of quality. Outside of work she enjoys parachute jumping, taekwondo, cooking, and traveling with her family.
Motana ThungasonOperations Associate
- Education Bergen Community College
- Fun Fact Owned a pet elephant in Thailand named Tow Lek!
- Favorite Movie The Autopsy of Jane Doe
- Bio Motana has been working as an operations associate since 2016. He has experience across a variety of industries and previously worked for Takpittayakom School Tak in Thailand as an assistant teacher. Outside of work, Motana enjoys video editing, traveling, hiking, running, tennis, ping pong, and playing soccer.
Sudeep PisipatyOperations Associate
- Education New York University (B.S.)
- Fun Fact I'm an avid sports and entertainment memorabilia collector, with over 100 pieces and growing.
- Favorite Movie The Usual Suspects
- Bio With a Bachelor's Degree in Neural Science and Economics from NYU, Sudeep worked at many of the top hospitals in NYC, gaining experience in both bench and clinical aspects of medicine & healthcare. He now extends his passion for healthcare to HRS Operations, providing clients individualized support and managing aspects of the inside sales team. Outside the office, Sudeep loves exploring NYC, from it's incredible food culture and celebrity run-ins, to its booming tech scene.
Rich CurryVP of Business Development
- Education Rutgers University (B.A.), SUNY Downstate (M.S.), Colorado State University (MBA)
- Fun Fact Currently preparing to hike Machu Picchu
- Favorite Movie Bottle Rocket
- Bio With 14 years of experience in home health as a clinician and a clinical manager, Rich joined HRS in 2014. Utilizing his experience reasearching the efficacy of Cardiac Rehab and telehealth, he now researches and develops the best practices for HRS' patient engaging software and continuous growth of the company's customer base. Rich also focuses on alternative therapy uses of HRS software and measuring outcomes and cost-effectiveness for HRS partners and their programs.
Bill BassettVice President, Client Services
- Education George Washington University (B.B.A.)
- Fun Fact Was on the Oprah Winfrey Show
- Favorite Movie Caddy Shack
- Bio Bill Bassett, award-winning health care executive and leading authority on building success programs for post-acute healthcare companies, has over 20 years of leadership experience in population health, technology, and analytics for market leaders including Procura, Delta, and Deyta. Bill created the first population health management applications and predictive modeling tools to identify and manage high-risk patients and has overseen the creation of HomeCare Elite® HHCAPS Honors®, Hospice Honors®, and the Hospice Leaders Forum, recognizing forward-thinking providers.
Will RunyanDirector of Client Services
- Education Abilene Christian University (B.B.A.)
- Fun Fact I love outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, and camping.
- Favorite Movie City of God
- Bio Will began his career in healthcare as a paramedic for various 911 agencies throughout the state of Texas. He then transitioned to the electronic medical records industry and began consulting with home health, hospice, and private duty agencies throughout the country. Will joined the HRS team in 2016 and enjoys working with clients to help them achieve transformative outcomes for their patients.